Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Taste of St. Augustine

My visit two weekends ago to the Flower and Garden Expo also netted me tickets to "A Taste of St Augustine." The event was suppose feature a number of offerings from restaurants in St Augustine. As usual click each photo for a better view.


I arrived at the grounds full of anticipation because there are some really wonderful restaurants in St. Augustine and there should be all kinds of delights for me to sample. I arrived later in the day and as I approached the amphitheater where the event was held, it seemed to almost float up in the distance like an oasis. All kinds of exotic smells drifted through the air and I knew I was in for a treat.


There was a great band that only added to the festive atmosphere. They played one popular tune after another and there was plenty of dancing in the aisles.











The place was packed and people were having a great time going from one great tasting booth to another.

In fact the food was so great and I learned so much that I have decided to do a series where I can talk about the different restaurants and feature pictures of the very eye pleasing food they provided.








So check back in the next few days to find out why so many people crossed the Lion Bridge for A Taste of St. Augustine...

3 comments:

  1. I love those tasting fairs!....Can't wait to read what you ate,..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,
    Have no fear Chrissy I discovered some wonderful restaurants I never knew existed in St Augustine. And, despite it being late in the day they still had some great tasting and eye catching treats out to sample.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever get around to it (read scrape enough money together), I shall visit St. Augustine. It looks like a peace of Heaven on Earth..

    ReplyDelete