Sunday, May 8, 2011

Crazy Over The Moon

I guess my thoughts about backyard gardening by the moon and the planets being aligned has made me a little crazy because it isn't often that I am of a mind to take out the tripod. But I was up late, happened to look outside and there was a beautiful crescent moon. It was then that I got the wild thought to go out and try a shot. As usual, click each photo for a better view.

What I got was a little noisy but marvelous none the less. What do you think?


My camera is not a super zoom but 12X is decent and I was really surprised that the result produced a little detail.


This one was even stranger. If you look closely you can see the outline of the dark portion that completes the circle. I know there is a scientific name for the effect, it just will not come at this late hour, but there it is...




And, just to add to the obsession, I'm providing a great link that highlights the moon in all it's glory.

And so my friends I bid you great moons and good nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment