Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bolero

The other day I was running around taking care of numerous things that needed to be done following my recent trip to Denver (another blog to follow) and was stopped in my tracks by a memory. I was listening to my public radio station playing classical music and to my surprise they played Ravel's Bolero.

I love Bolero, and a streams of consciousness flow brought up the memory of Torvill and Dean at the 1984 Olympics which is forever in my mind tied to this music. The music is hypnotically beautiful and their performance was equally ground breaking. And so, I went to YouTube and found the video I want to share with you.

Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. You are right. It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching them skate. It was great to see it again.

    ReplyDelete