Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Rich... They're Not Like You And I

It seems of late that my life has been swallowed up by all my work at the school. So this weekend I made a vow to get out and DO SOMETHING! I heard that the new owner, Shalid Khan, of the Jacksonville Jaguars (the local football team) had sailed his yacht into downtown and thought that would be an interesting adventure on an 80 degree winter day! As usual, click each photo for a better view.

It was well worth the bike ride down to the Landing. This baby is huge! Huge as in 223 ft long and is said to be able to hold 200 people quite comfortably. Aptly named "Kismet", it is a sight to behold.

To see it in all it's glory sets the mind racing as to how the inside must look. But, as I was not invited inside, you and I will simply have to let our imaginations work a little overtime.






A panoramic view provides a glimpse of the fact that it is 4 levels. This I guess provides lots of room so despite the fact you may be traveling with others, you don't have to see them all the time just because you are on the high seas.


Two covered decks allow sunning in varying degrees depending on with whom and how you wish to tackle that chore.








And, each morning and afternoon you get to take in views like this one.



Fitzgerald was right, the rich are not like you and I. But if you have a spare $112 million lying around you can live like this all the time. Rumor has it that the yacht is for sale. Better hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment